Frequently Asked Questions
In this section, we provide brief answers and facts related to frequently asked questions from the website readers.
- What is an Integrated Project?
An Integrated Project is one of the new types of EC-funded activities, which are more objective-driven and have a more structured impact.
- What is the role of Integrated Project such as IP PReVENT compared to other research projects?
Integrated Projects are large research initiatives, which help reaching a critical mass and increasing socio-economic and political impacts.
- What is the strategic focus of IP PReVENT?
IP PReVENT has a concentrated effort on priorities set in safety relevant function fields. It provides a pan-European cooperation network for active safety research and contributes to the early deployment of active safety applications.
- To which European Commision priorities does IP PReVENT contribute?
IP PReVENT is in line with the goals of the eSafety initiative calling for a 50% reduction of fatalities in European road traffic by 2010. It also takes into account the recommendations of the Commission Communication "Information and Communications Technologies for Safe and Intelligent Vehicles" COM (2003)542, Brussels, 15.9.2003.
- What are the expected results of IP PReVENT? Is it just another research project?
IP PReVENT is an application oriented IP to speed up market introduction. IP PReVENT is meant to be the reference in Europe for Preventive and Active safety research and future deployment.